Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Stanislawa


this isn't really what i was hoping on getting out of today, but not bad i guess. a simple fashion-y illustration. reminds me of my older stuff--i hope it shows improvement. i've been checking out a lot of folk art stuff, and this polish doll of mine provided the inspiration.

aside from the color illustration, i need to vent about a self-portrait that i had started in late september, and have yet to finish. it's my own fault, but i just can't manage to salvage it. my teacher has some ideas for a fix. hopefully it will be finished for may 5th, the LM art show. along with my new self-portrait.

i've been revisiting a lot of mckenney stuff and i absolutely love it. it's great, and i've discovered that not too many people leave feedback on his blog. perhaps i can contact him somehow?

No comments:

Post a Comment